ONG Specialist & Counselling Centre
8-G, Lebuh Sungai Pinang 1,
11600 Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia.
Contact No. : +604-283 8178
Opening hours : Tue - Sat
10am - 5pm
There have been many misconceptions and myths about mental disorders (mental illnesses). Contrary to the public perception that mental disorders are all about 'Madness', the DSM-IV has listed a wide range of illnesses that encompass disorders seen in the children and adults, including the elderly:
- Disorders usually first diagnosed in Infancy, Childhood or Adolescence.
- Delirium, Dementia and Amnestic and other Cognitive Disorders.
- Mental Disorders due to a General Medical Condition.
- Substance-related Disorders.
- Schizophrenia and other Psychotic Disorders.
- Mood Disorders.
- Anxiety Disorders.
- Somatoform Disorders.
- Dissociative Disorders.
- Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders.
- Eating Disorders.
- Sleep Disorders.
- Impulse-Control Disorders.
- Personality Disorders etc.
To get an overview of mental disorders, please click here.